Join Us for a Virtual Class with Yoga4All
Virtual Class Schedule – Thank you for being a part of our yoga community. We love having you with us. We make the virtual experience feel like you are in the room with us. As one student said, “I feel like I just had a private class. lt”
Can’t make the class or workshop? No problem. Access to the recordings of the class or workshop in which you enrolled will be available to you within 24 hours following the class.
Before You Join Your First Class
For the best experience, you’ll want to join us from a device with a video camera and microphone. This way, we can both see and hear you. You have the option to join class without video from your end if you prefer.
We are using Zoom to live stream our classes, and it works on laptops, iPads, and smartphones.
- Before your first virtual class, go to zoom.us to create a free account. Please use the same email address we have for you at Yoga4All
- Download and install the mobile app for your Apple or Android device, or the desktop client for your laptop.
- You can join a test meeting by clicking here to make sure your audio and video is working so you can be ready to join your first class. Now that you have your access to Zoom* you are ready to register for the class.
- Pre-register for the class you want to attend in our VIRTUAL studio schedule. Please do this at least 30 minutes before class starts. When we see you have registered in the Yoga4All studio system, We will send you an email containing a link for you to “Join the Meeting”.
- We suggest joining 10-15 minutes before class to get settled in. You will be asked to register before you enter class. Please use the email address we have on file for you at the studio. By registering for class, you agree to our release of liability and waiver, please read it here.
- After you register, the directions and link to the meeting will appear in a follow-up email. Click to join the classroom. You will have the choice to join with or without video. This is totally your choice – but note that the teacher can’t see you if you turn off your video stream. We will see your name on the class roster.
- Enjoy class! It’s a privilege to be invited into your home and to have you practice with us.
*Zoom works best when using the Chrome web browser if you are using your laptop and not the desktop app, which you can download here.
What You Need
Create a space for yourself where you can roll out your mat, have a strong wi-fi signal, and minimal background noise. The teacher will do a brief check-in when you come into the room, so please plan to log on 10-15 minutes before the start time.
Place your screen and mat so you can best see the teacher and/or her demo student in a variety of postures.
It’s a good idea to have some props close by:
- A blanket or towel (or two or three if it’s a restorative class) to sit on or cover yourself
- A yoga block or two – typically around 9 inches in length, 5 inches in width, and 4 inches in height. Your bookshelf or closet are good places to look for an alternative.
- A yoga strap – you can use a scarf, a robe tie, necktie, or a towel.
- An eye pillow or hand towel to place over your eyes during Savasana can also be really nice!
Virtual Classroom Etiquette
When you enter the virtual classroom, your microphone will be muted. This reduces audio feedback. Please keep your microphone muted unless you want to speak. If your internet connection slows down during class, try turning off your video camera so you can still see the class, but the teacher and other people in class can’t see you. This helps decrease the load on your wifi connection. “Speaker” view allows you to follow the teacher, while “Gallery” view will show other students in the class. Since a lot of us know each other, it can be nice to connect this way.
The Benefits of Taking Virtual Yoga
Efficient – You can roll out of bed and onto your mat! No fighting traffic. No arriving early to save your favorite spot. Two minutes before class, just roll out your mat and you’re good to go!
Travel-friendly – Take your favorite Y4A teachers wherever you go! Whether in a hotel room for a business trip or in a far-away vacation resort, you can still practice with us. Plus, your long-distance friends and family can practice with you, too – set a regular yoga date with your loved ones!
Private – You can practice completely incognito if you turn your camera off. This promotes a sense of inward focus as opposed to feeling in competition with other people and no comparisons with your neighbors. It’s just you exploring the movements of your body and your breath.
Cost-Effective – By not paying for gas or stopping for an iced coffee on the way home, you’ll be saving money!
Pet-friendly – Your furry and feathered friends are welcome (and encouraged) to join you in your practice. Snuggle up in savasana with your pup or sit in meditation with your cat!
Personalized – You know how the studio was either too hot or too cold? You can set up your practice space however you’d like. Temperature, music, clothing, aromatherapy, props – make it perfect for you! Plus, with your microphone off, you can cheer (or whine) as much as you want!
Connections – Practicing at home encourages a home practice! You’ll probably be more motivated to practice on your own, since your set up is right there waiting for you. And connecting with your teacher and fellow students is still possible through pre- and post-class chats, discussions and questions during class.
Unlimited savasana – Once you hit the mat for savasana, you can stay as long as you want! No one will ask you to leave because they need to shut the studio. You can rest and meditate as long as you’d like.